SCRUM PRACTICAL OVERVIEW (1 Day)
- Intro to Agile and Lean
This short introductory course will cover the historical background of the waterfall, lean and agile, explains how deterministic and empirical models influence software development and why the empirical model works better in constantly changing business environment.
Training provides overview of the continuous product and process improvement that can achieve with shorter feedback cycles and constant inspection and adoption run by your people.
Participants will get an overview of:
- Why Agile and Scrum roots
- Disciplined/scintific agile development
- Agile requirements gathering
- Agile estimation and planning
- Scrum roles (Product Owner, ScurmMaster, Development team) and their responsibilities
- Scrum working process (Planning, Daily StandUp, Demonstration, Retrospective)
- Backlog management, Task management, Progress tracking
- Quality improvement techniques and tools (test-automation, TDD)
Topics: Agile, Lean, Scrum, Hypotheses, Validation, Experiments, Learning, TDD, Deterministic, Empirical, Agile manifesto, Backlog, Planning poker, User Story, Spint, Daily Standup, Definition of Done (DoD), Taskboard, Burn Down/Up chart
- Practicing Retrospective
- Theory behind the agile process:
- Agile and Lean history
- Deterministic and Empirical models
- Agile requirements and backlog management
- Agile estimation (including practicing Planning Poker)
- Scrum framework (Roles, Artifacts, Ceremonies)
- Scrum simulation (4 full sprint cycles)
- Organisational setup (org.structure, tools, support)
- Risks of/in implementation of scrum
- Questions and answers
- Learning methods
Practical simulation, Theory lectures, Discussions, cases and stories.
- Course structure & Ease of implementation50Theory %50Active learning %50Practical %
- About trainer
Trainer Alek Kozlov has IT management master degree from Estonian Business School. Alek’s is the Scrum.ee founder, business consultant and coach. Also, he is a trainer at Tallinn Technical University and DevTraining. Alek is one of Agile Estonia co-founders.
Alek practises incremental and iterative approaches since 2002, Agile and Scrum since 2004, and he is helping other companies to embrace agile mindset and scrum practices since 2009. Alek is Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), ScrumMaster (CSM) and Product Owner (CSPO), Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) practitioner, Innovation Games facilitator and passionate product/service designer.
Alek was first full-time Skype agile coach, with the responsibility to plan, execute and support teams in their Scrum transition. He has been working with Skype, Teleia, Pipedrive, Skeleton Technologies, Insly, Helmes, Tieto Estonia, SMIT, Töötukassa, TTP and many other organisations from the different industries.
Price does not include trainer’s travel and accommodation costs. Please contact us for details.
- Level & Prerequisites
Level: Basic overview of the scrum development process
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
After this one day training participant will able to start using agile planning estimation technique to start from business side his/her work with practising scrum team.
Training will equip participants with good overview of scrum ceremonies (meetings), roles and artifacts just enough to be able to cooperate with your development partners, to compare your team/partner current working process with official scrum and will be able to identify improvements and next steps.