SCRUM Team Member Practical Training (2 Day)
Training will provide an overview of why, when and how agile and scrum emerged, what are theoretical bases behind the scrum, and how ceremonies, roles and artefacts working in real life environment.
Throughout the course, participants will be prepared and equipped with scrum techniques and tools for real scrum simulation. They will run it at the end of the class wherein three iterations some teams will successfully deliver tested, unique and working product.
- Intro to Agile and Lean
This practical scrum training was run over 50 times and now is well tailored combination of mini lectures, practical workshops, case studies, discussions and simulations.
During the course, participants will cover the historical background of waterfall, lean and agile thinking models. Introduction and usage of deterministic and empirical operational models influence software development process and results in a fast-changing business and technological environment.
Training introduces the continuous contemporary product development/management and process improvement approach and how practically implement it by constant inspection and adoption in short feedback cycles and Scrum framework.
Participants will get an overview of:
- Market research, customer development, hypotheses experimentation process
- Agile requirements gathering and backlog management
- Agile estimation and planning
- Scrum roles (Product Owner, ScrumMaster, Development team) and their responsibilities
- Scrum working process (Planning, Daily StandUp, Demonstration, Retrospective)
- Backlog management, Task management, Progress tracking
- Quality improvement techniques and tools (test-automation, TDD)
- Growing Scrum – multi scrum teams organisations.
Topics: Agile, Lean, Scrum, Hyphoteses, Experiments, Validation, Learning, TDD, Deterministic, Empirical, Agile manifesto, Backlog, Planning poker, User Story, Sprint, Daily Standup, Definition of Done (DoD), Taskboard, Burn Down/Up chart, Release planning, Scrum Growth strategy
- Practicing Retrospective
- Theory behind agile process:
- Agile and Lean history
- Deterministic and Empirical models
- Agile requirements and backlog management:
- Contemorary product discovery and customer development phase
- Vision statement
- User Story and Story Mapping
- Vertical vs Horizontal slices
- Prioritization techniques
- Agile estimation (includes practicing Planning Poker cards)
- Scrum framework (Roles, Artifacts, Ceremonies)
- Organisational setup (org.structure, tools, support)
- Growing scrum – multi-team organisations
- Risks of/in implementation of scrum
- Questions and answers
- Scrum simulation (3 full sprint cycles)
- Learning methods
Practical simulation, Theory lectures, Discussions, cases and stories.
- Course structure & Ease of implementation30Theory %70Active learning %80Practical %
- About trainer
Trainer Alek Kozlov has IT management master degree from Estonian Business School. Alek’s is the Scrum.ee founder, business consultant and coach. Also, he is a trainer at Tallinn Technical University and DevTraining. Alek is one of Agile Estonia co-founders.
Alek practises Scrum-methods since 2004, and he is helping other companies to embrace agile mindset and scrum practices since 2009. Alek is Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), ScrumMaster (CSM) and Product Owner (CSPO), Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) Practitioner, Innovation Games facilitator and passionate product/service designer.
Alek was first full-time Skype agile coach, with the responsibility to plan, execute and support teams in their Scrum transition. He has been working with Skype, Telia, Pipedrive, Skeleton Technologies, Insly, Helmes, Tieto Estonia, SMIT, Töötukassa, TTP and many other organisations from the different sectors.
Price does not include trainer’s travel and accommodation costs. Please contact us for details.
- Level & Prerequisites
Level: Foundation of scrum development process
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
After this two day practical training team will able to start practising scrum in no time. Development team members will be able to help Product Owner with grooming of the backlog and user stories. Team can estimate the work, design the solution and plan they sprints. Every team member know how to manage sprint tasks and coordinate the work within the team to ensure delivery of agreed sprint goal.
Later participants can use learned retrospective techniques and training reference materials to compare their current working process with official scrum requirements and suggestions. They can identify, plan and implement next improvements in team’s process of customer value creation.